Career Resources for Alumni
NYU’s Wasserman Center for Career Development
The NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development is committed to assisting NYU alumni with their career development and job-search needs. Whether you are actively job searching, considering a career/job transition, or searching for a career direction, the Wasserman Center is an excellent place to start. Alumni can benefit from several free and available services.
Alumni can access the following Career Development Services:
- NYU CareerNet - The Career Development Center’s online portal for scheduling career-coaching appointments. Register for alumni career development events/seminars, apply to job opportunities and access web-based career development resources. Alumni can create a free NYU CareerNet account with a valid email address and individual N number.
- Career Coaching Appointments - Alumni can schedule unlimited 15 minute and three 45-minute career-coaching appointments with Wasserman Center Staff. Please visit the Wasserman Center for Career Development website for more information.
- Networking - Alumni have access to several opportunities to support the networking activities. Alumni have access to Treatings, a social media platform to assist with connecting alumni with each other over shared interests and coffee. Alumni can also serve as volunteers for the Wasserman Center Professional Network to provide career advice to current students and support student-based career programming.
- Resources - NYU alumni have access to many resources to assist with career development, including Treatings and nyu.sokanu.com (a website to facilitate matching professional interest and skills with career opportunities).
- Events - Several alumni career development focused events take place throughout each semester and summer at the Wasserman Center for Career Development. Topics include: resume and cover letter writing, professional branding, perfecting your pitch, etc. Alumni can review upcoming events and RSVP through NYU CareerNet.
- Communication - Alumni can easily find out about upcoming events, career resources and new job postings on NYU CareerNet by signing up for the Wasserman Center Weekly Alumni Newsletter. To sign up, please log into NYU CareerNet and opt in under the Privacy tab.
Alumni are defined as graduates with an Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, Graduate Certificate, or Doctoral degree who completed their NYU degree(s) more than one year ago. The alumni services listed on this page are available by creating/accessing your NYU CareerNet account . Please contact the Office of Alumni Relations or the NYU Wasserman Center to verify your NYU student ID number (NYU N#) if you do not have this information.
*Stern School of Business (Graduate), School of Law , School of Medicine, and College of Dentistry students are eligible for assistance with alternative careers.
Recent alumni who have graduated within 12 months have continued unlimited access to all of the Wasserman Center's services, events, and programs (except On-Campus Recruitment), in addition to the services listed on this page.
Please visit the NYU Wasserman Center for Career Development Alumni webpage for more information, and direct any questions about alumni career services to the Wasserman Center at 212-998-4730 and email@example.com .