The New York University Alumni Association
The NYU Alumni Association (NYUAA) is the umbrella organization for all University alumni. Its purpose is to build and sustain a lifelong relationship between the University and its alumni through the following activities:
- Supporting the Fund for NYU (annual giving)
- Fostering leadership among alumni from all schools, regions and constituencies
- Engaging students as future alumni
- Providing opportunities for lifelong learning for alumni
- Recognizing alumni for accomplishments and service
- Providing social and career networking for alumni
- Supporting alumni organizations, regional groups, constituency groups and students
- Encouraging participation of schools in NYU Alumni Association activities
- Facilitating the sharing of ideas between school associations
- Providing an avenue for feedback to the administration
The NYUAA's various committees allow alumni to focus their energy in areas that are helpful to the University. Through these committees, alumni actively work with the University on higher education issues related to city and state government and on community service. They work to link students and alumni through events like Freshman Orientation, the annual Student Leaders Dinner, and student-alumni mentoring events. Alumni also help to raise crucial fundraising dollars through the Fund for NYU. Recent alumni who remain in the New York area have opportunities to participate in social, cultural, career-related and community service activities through the Recent Alumni Network. For those alumni residing outside the metro area, NYU holds a series of regional events bringing NYU's president or faculty members to meet with alumni in other areas of the country.
To find out more about the NYU Alumni Association, please contact Amanda Putzer, Assistant Director, Alumni Affinity Programs, at email@example.com or call the Office of Alumni Relations at (212) 998-6912.
Nominations for NYUAA Board of Directors
As alumni of NYU, you can help to ensure active and diverse representation on the Board by nominating qualified alumni candidates or submitting a self-nomination. Board members serve on behalf of all alumni rather than as representatives of any school or constituency.
As a member of the NYUAA Board individuals are required to:
- Accept and abide by the principles and mission of the Board.
- Attend all meetings of the Board, which meets four times annually. Members who cannot attend meetings in person are expected to participate in the meetings via conference call.
- Attend the Annual Meeting, Alumni Volunteer Conference and any special board meetings called by the Board Officers.
- Serve actively on at least one NYUAA committee, participating in at least two-thirds of the committee meetings each year (in person or via conference call)
- Be prepared for discussion by reviewing the agenda and all supporting materials prior to board or committee meetings.
- Contribute annually to the university at a level that is based on your own personal financial ability.
- Complete an annual self-evaluation on your performance as a board member.
- Follow code of ethics, conflict of interest, and confidentiality policies as indicated by the University.
To submit a nomination, please review the NYUAA Board of Directors Nomination Form.
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, April 18, 2014.
For further information or questions about the nominations process, please email Amanda Putzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.